Friday, October 8, 2010

Joseph Salzman

Q. What is the cuisine like and how hard was it to adjust to the different food?

A. Traditional breakfast is a variety of dips of hummus and fava beans, cut up vegetables such as tomatoes and cucumbers, cheeses, olives, tea, and serves with flat pita bread. Supper usually consist of rice, meat or chicken or vegetable sauces, and salad. The food is really good and I haven't had any trouble adjusting to the food. It have been easy for me, especially because I have been married to my Arab husband for 12 years and we cook a lot of Arabic meals in the USA. Jordan also has most fast foods and many restaurant chains that we are use to in the USA, such as McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, Chilli's, Pizza Hut, TGIF, etc. Although, when I was in the USA this summer, I gained about 5 pounds because I ate out a lot because there were specific restaurants that I missed from my hometown, and of course my Mom's cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment